Student Access and Achievement
Increasing Educational Access and Learning Interventions for greater Student Advancement.
FLVS Foundation seeks investments to provide technology access, connectivity and scholarships for the underserved, under resourced, and challenged students.
FLVS strives to ensure that our students get a personalized, world-class education that prepares them for a successful future. To encourage them to excel and continue onto postsecondary education opportunities, FLVS Foundation is establishing COLLEGE SMART START Scholarships for FLVS full time graduating seniors.
This year, five graduating seniors who have overcome significant obstacles and challenges to achieve were recognized as The Blocker Scholars. Funded through generous gifts from the McCoy Federal Credit Union Scholarship and several FLVS family and friends, each scholar received a $1,000 scholarship to the college or university of their choice. We congratulate the 2017 Blocker Scholars:
- Allison Freebern,Davenport, FL – Polk State College/Seminole State College
- Olivia Horne, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL – Vanderbilt University
- Kevin Treadway, Lakeland, FL – Syracuse University
- Sydney Cruces, Champions Gate, FL – Santa Fe College/University of Florida
- Amy Garcia Fernandez, Miami Beach, FL – Miami Dade College