Laptop Learner Program
The Laptop Learner Program is available to FLVS Full Time and FLEX students who have been enrolled in FLVS Full Time and FLEX for at least one year and, due to financial hardship, do not have a laptop to support their academic performance. Specific financial eligibility requirements apply for a student to qualify for a laptop.
This program is strictly need-based with a limited supply of laptops available, at no cost to the student. The laptops are available on a first come, first served basis. All laptops are provided to students to support their academic performance and completion of class assignments. The program limit is set as a once-per-lifetime laptop per student. Technical support/replacements will not be provided.
- Student must currently be enrolled in FLVS Full Time and have been a Full Time student for at least one year.
- Student must meet specific financial eligibility requirements.
Laptop Request Process
- Parent/Legal guardian will need to complete a financial application as evidence of financial hardship.
- Immediately after completing a financial application, the parent/legal guardian will submit a laptop request into the FLVS Service Catalog.
- Within 2-3 business days, an FLVS Foundation representative will respond to the laptop request via email advising the parent/legal guardian if he/she meets the financial eligibility requirements for receiving a laptop.
- A student must complete the Welcome Call with his/her teacher. If the student has not yet completed his/her Welcome Call with the teacher, the above email sent from an FLVS Foundation representative will request that the parent reply to the email advising the representative once the Welcome Call has been completed. At that time, the process may continue.
- An FLVS Foundation representative will check the availability of laptops.
- If a laptop is available, the parent/legal guardian will receive a form to complete and return. Once received, the laptop will be shipped.
- If a laptop is not available, the parent/legal guardian will be notified he/she is being added to a wait list and will be contacted once a laptop becomes available.
Apply for a Laptop
Please review the answers to each of the frequently asked questions below, prior to applying for a laptop.
- Click here to access the financial application. Once that has been submitted, immediately go to step 2.
- Click here to access the Service Catalog to enter a laptop request. Your financial application will not be reviewed until you enter a laptop request. If you do not already have a Service Catalog account, click "self registration form" and complete the required fields. For user type, select parent/guardian. Click submit. An e-mail will be sent to you with a temporary password. Log in using the temporary password and you will be directed to create your own password. Once you finish creating your own password, click the "Service Catalog" menu on the left. Next, click in the Search Catalog box in the top right and type Laptop, then hit Enter. Click “My child needs a loaner laptop." Complete all the form fields and submit the form.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have completed the financial application, but I have not heard back. What should I do?
In addition to completing the financial application, you must enter a laptop request.
How do I know if my child is enrolled in FLVS Full Time?
You will have a parent portal account in FOCUS.
How do I locate my child’s FOCUS ID#?
Access the FOCUS parent portal, go to My Child, Child Info. The FOCUS ID# will appear below the child’s name
I have more than one child. Can a laptop be provided for each of my children?
Due to our limited supply of laptops, we are able to issue one laptop per household.
How long will it take to receive a laptop?
We have a limited supply of laptops. Laptops are available on a first come, first served basis. If we have laptops available, we will be able to provide an approximate ship date for a laptop once we have confirmed financial eligibility, the student is enrolled in FLVS Full Time, and the student has completed the Welcome Call with his/her teacher.
Does FLVS provide technical support for laptops?
No, FLVS does not provide technical support for laptops.
When does the Welcome Call take place?
Typically, the Welcome Call takes place around the first week of school.
How soon after the Welcome Call takes place is the student expected to start classes?
Immediately, however, the teacher will work with the student if they are in the process of acquiring a laptop.
Can access to the internet be included?
We do not provide free or reduced cost internet service. Please contact your local internet provider(s) for any need-based programs they may offer.
Can a printer be included?
We do not have printers available.